Monday, December 27, 2010

Florida trip

I'm wrapping up my day at work, which was surprisingly productive (mmm, maybe just active).  It's likely because most people are still away on vacation, so working is the best way to prevent boredom.  It may also be the fact that I spent most of today simulating stuff on the computer, which tends to work better than real life.  I got back yesterday from vacationing in Florida where my Grandma and Aunt live.  Minho as usual was an awesome travel companion, but I must say I'm glad to be back.  I can only take about a week's worth of excitement it seems.  This is the first installment of our travels, which begins in lovely Orlando, which despite it's relatively disappointing temperatures of only 60 degrees, at least did not have snow.

My travel bud suggested that we hit up an outlet mall right next to all the resorts, and it was great.  It was also probably more packed than Disneyland.  We spent about 20 minutes in line at Levi's just waiting to try on a pair of jeans.  


Initially, I wasn't going to buy a whole lot, but for once, there were actually some pretty sick sales.  It was a very nice welcome from Florida.


Like this jacket that cost only $50.  Originally it was something like $130.  If you're wondering if I got you something at the mall too, I wouldn't hold your breathe.  Notice the grinch-like color of the aforementioned jacket.  Don't expect anything from Minho either.  Lacoste overpriced his pants, putting him in a shopping slump.


After shopping, we headed to Grandma's place in the evening, and we quickly realized that Floridians take their Christmas decorating very seriously.  I haven't seen light displays like this in a while.  No good pics though.  I can't control exposure times directly with my point-and-shoot.  Somebody needs to get the CHDK for the Canon 940IS up and working soon - please!

This is a fountain.


This is a Josh in front of thousands of dollars' worth of lights.


Grandma's accommodations were great.  Here's Minho making his bed "American style".


The day after, we were pretty beat from traveling, so we took a two-hour nap in the afternoon and then went to see "downtown" Ocala.  They had a sweet ferris wheel.


Yes, we rode it.


Together.


Pretty much by ourselves.  Here's the great city of Ocala.


And here's our shoes.


And here's me again.  More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment