Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard

There was a huge weather warning today.  Lot's of school closings, and even classes at the university were cancelled after 5pm.  I was expecting a near apocalypse the way people were describing it on the news.  Much to my dismay, it really wasn't that bad during the day.  I ended up staying at home when I really probably could have gotten some stuff done at school.  Well, maybe not a whole lot of dismay.  I did end up typing a little bit too.  It's still the way I remember it...extremely slow and painful.

These pictures aren't from today; rather, they're from a random warmish day this winter when it was raining liquid instead of painful frozen water.  Krannert center for the performing arts:




This is from today: a view of our front yard from my safe perch on the second floor around 3pm.


Same view, only 5:30.  Like I said, not too crazy, but the trash can took a tumble.  We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

1 comment: