Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stalking

One of the biggest reasons why I decided to get off facebook years ago was because one day I spent over two hours in lab stalking friends when I had no less than 5 important things to do.  Now, things are a bit better, but sometimes I get a craving to peek in on other people's lives.  One of my friends, Richard, once posted a link to a blog by Lee F. who's living in Korea at the moment and pursuing a PhD at Seoul National University, the school where I did research over the summer.  I felt really bad for the guy because he basically had to start over again because some narcissistic postdoc started strangling him, but the prof wouldn't fire the perpetrator.  I was planning to try to meet up with him over the summer and give him sort of gift to express my condolences, but never got around to it.  But Lee, I feel for you.  I'm inspired how you keep on trucking.  I really enjoy reading your updates, and hopefully someday I'll get to meet up with you and thank you in person.  Keep it up, and all the best with your baby on the way!  

Lee is the reason that I have the globe in the right hand corner over there.  It puts down a dot every time someone stalks you.  My goal is to get all the continents.  But I feel I'm off to a pretty decent start.

One of my friends did a great job in lighting up all of the UK. 


In fact, here she is now.  Note how she's also lighting up all of lab with the inundation of pink accessories.


Props to Joseph for signing in once in Australia.


Also thanks to all the guys from India for being good sports.


And finally, I have to vent a little bit about the US.  Who the heck is this guy/girl from Owosso, Michigan?  It's seriously got to be a server or something, maybe the computer where the little globe thingy gets all it's information, because it's ALWAYS blinking, mostly when I'm on the computer, but also occasionally when I'm not.  WHO ARE YOU?  Drives me nuts.


I was about to head home, but realized that I haven't updated in over a week, so I stayed late just for this.  Now, time for a break.  


See you next time, Owosso.

No comments:

Post a Comment