Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back to Champaign

Happy New Year everyone!  As I reflect on how all good things must come to an end in order to make way for better things in the future, I also reflect on how our awesome time in Florida came to an end.  On Christmas Day, we had a lovely time doing absolutely nothing, finally.  No road trips or long lines, just food, the Hallmark channel, and a stroll out to the park.  Couldn't believe that the rangers were working Christmas Day, but I thank them because it definitely took an edge off that TV lethargy.


I don't believe fishing was legal, so the fish were especially friendly.


Or maybe it's just the fact that Minho is a real friendly guy.


I thought it was kinda cool how still and clear the water was.  It caught the blue sky pretty decent.


And then the next day, we headed back.  Almost forgot my winter jacket in Grandma's closet, which could have been disastrous.  You could tell which people at the airport were seasoned winter warriors.  The guy behind me had probably 7 layers behind me capped off with a bears jacket.


I always think it's cool when you take off and are just about to break through the cloud cover.  I guess it never occurred to me why you don't see a lot of airplane-window pictures at that stage though, because you're still in take off mode and can't turn on personal electronics.  I was about to whip out my camera and take one without thinking, but then my brain turned on and decided not to send us to prison.  It was still a great day to have the window seat.


Ugh, these clouds look like snow.


SO FLUFFY!


Minho is a Sudoku master.


This one must still be in Florida, cause there's no snow on the ground.


This one you can see we're back in Indianapolis.


Many thanks to Grandma and Aunt Jackie for showing us such a great time with such little notice.  I'll miss you, but don't worry, I'll be back.  Probably when it's a tad warmer though.


Hello 2011.  Nice to have ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment